Date and Time: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Roll Call: Them
- Status of server transition:
We have a reprieve on the end-date at AmberGlen, was being conservative, but actual end-date is March 19 as confirmed by Integra
- Discuss moving dynamic dns stuff off of remote syslogging so that we can shove that down vpn tunnel instead.
- review of code repos
- discussion of integration of splash page into openwrt-files
- deployment of api.personaltelco.net (when, where, who)
- deployment of static.personaltelco.net (when, where, who)
- initial deployment of splash page (choosing a guinea pig) (and when)
- notifying node hosts of the change that is a'comin (when)
- establish a timeline for implementation (please lets write this down)
- (and when)
- moving code to github
- discussion of workflows and the fork model vs the branch model
- proposal to add pull requests as standing agenda item
- github IRC hook for repos to post to #ptp irc channel
- future of git.personaltelco.net
- Discuss why we don't uniformily add SSIDs at nodes
- Sometimes node hosts don't actually want them: (give examples)
- Some reason to wonder if multiple SSIDs are related to wifi outages (give examples)
- Node hosts have not been clamoring for them, it's worth going slow until this resolves.
- Node notes:
NodeWygant plugged in, waiting on a rooftop ubiquiti bullet for mounting hardware
NodeBluebird have new hardware, just need to flash/configure and schedule an install date/time
NodeLabarre, offline since monday, not sure why yet.
NodeBobWhite, two Ubiquiti Airrouters are offline, one dried out, the other repaired after power supply failure, ready to plug back in.
NodePad still offline, had pinged node host while they were out of the country, maybe should ping again.
NodeKnow had a DNS outage, not clear why, reboot fixed.
NodePatch had a hardware refresh, also has native ipv6 now, ptpnet's ipv6 net there has been turned off pending determination they are compatible.
NodeArborLodge report on Arbor Lodge Neighborhood Association presentation, related outreach efforts.
- Github - Russel will setup a gravatar
- some folks from around the table (Jason, Keegan, Russel) will setup the splash page on their local node
- Going to setup ptp-api and ptp-splash-server (see github) reverse proxied through ptp's Apache SSL server
- shooting for Lucky Lab Overlook to be the first public node to host the splash page within one month
- not going to wait for the new server to get in place
- Ben: put one overarching doc explaing the three (four?) repos on the Wiki and clean up Splash documentation there
Future Agenda Items
- establishing a better home for the node info spreadsheet (github repo? db?)