- Partake of local ales
- Pick location for next weekly
- Get on Mississippi Commons roof and scope out the view to the KGON tower as a possible alternate location for the wimax gear
- Configure and swap out the DSL modem in the Ballroom building.
Power cycle the edimax in NodeFreshPot.
- Fix the wifidog.smallwhitecube.com auth-server to support splash-only mode again or investigate other solutions.
- WGT/WRT Flashing
- New web site design choices and overview.
Your Item Here
I'm too exhausted to hoof it tonight and the agenda looks pretty full anyway. Maybe some other time. (KeeganQuinn)
Russell stops in NodeFreshPot and has the counter guy power cycle the edimax. Later we discover the link has not recovered, for unknown reasons. Needs investigatation.
- Quick review of Caleb's backpack in the Wallowas.
Russell shows Sara the basic steps to reflashing a WRT54GL with OpenWrt Kamikaze and configuring it as a wifidog hotspot.
- We all climbed on the Mississippi Commons roof in order to confirm that it has line of sight to the KGON tower. It does. Discuss strategies for mast stabilization on the Bakery roof.
Sara heads home, while the rest of us hoof it to the Ballroom to try configuring and swapping in another DSL modem, ultimately failing with a PPPoE authentication error, despite confirming the username/password with MichaelWeinberg. Plugged the old one in and left.
- Caleb confirms what I had already discovered. His auth-server just doesn't provide the "connect to the internet" button, merely viewing the splash page is all that's required to auth. There is no redirect to the original destination.
- Seth reports progress on his webpage redesign effort.