- Pick location for next weekly
Build and configure the gear for the augmentation to NodeLabarre.
- Russell had already attached the Soekris net4826 board on the enclosure backplane.
- Sara and Russell install the radios and pigtails in the enclosure.
- Russell demonstrates his convoluted system for netbooting and flashing the Soekris boards, noting all along the way that the live-CD apparently makes it much easier and less convoluted.
- Russell reconfigures /etc/network/interfaces, setting the bridge address to 10.11.36.2, configuring ath0 for channel 1 and ath1 for channel 11. Should remember to reconfigure the existing Labarre network to channel 6.
- Russell demonstrates the Metrix method of initialization of mutable files with a readonly filesystem, by means of the /rw tmpfs, while modifying the hostname in /ro/etc/hostname and seeing it magically appear in /rw/etc/hostname after a reboot.
- Reminded Sara that the monthly meeting this month (next week) is "Bring a Friend Night". Otherwise, neglected the admonition to pick the next weekly venue.