Date and Time: Wednesday, May 21st, 2008, 6:30pm-8:00pm
Roll Call: RussellSenior, DonPark, MichaelWeinberg, LennyGee, TomHiggins, SethShikora, Steve, ChrisChen
- Pick location for next weekly
- See the van
- Need to eBay the Blackberry, anybody want to take that on?
- Discuss Onward Oregon and PTP partnership potential.
- Create some To-Do's for OSCON/TBA project
- Debate PTP newspaper ad.
check on NodeLabarre
re-establish contact with NodeFirstUnitarian regarding expanding their node indoors
complete configuration of NodeMoonlight (or whatever we should be calling it these days)
- register for the Mississippi Street Fair (if we aren't too late already)
ask DonPark about his auto-leaching software
Russell mentions that the Hollywood Library now has its own wireless service. Previously, it has been well covered for many years by NodeHollywood. See http://www.personaltelco.net/~russell/multcolib-splash.ps the splash page.
Next weekly will be June 4th at WorldCup in NW (18th and Glisan).
- Russell suggests we have a weekly at PGE Park after we get the Moonlight Staffing node back up.
Don will eBay the Blackberry, with account assistance as needed from MichaelWeinberg.
- Onward Oregon is a non-profit, all-volunteer group that has a large advocacy base. They are interested in working on issues around public ownership of communications structure, particularly a municipal fiber infrastructure.
- Onward Oregon has about 17K Portlanders on their action alert e-mail list. If there were a targeted action, they could contact that list.
Possible action would be tied to MetroFi turn-off. Two actions:
- If you want to further wireless in Portland, work with Personal Telco.
- Contact city-council and ask them to support municipal fiber.
- They will send a template for us to assist in writing the action alert.
- Consensus that we should attempt to get interested stakeholders to contribute to ad.