- Pick location for next weekly
Discuss participation in OneWebDay on September 22, 2008.
- Review of PTP to-do list:
retrieve wimax gear from NodeGrandCentral roof
purchase, install rooftop gear for NodeHotPepper
- reinvigorate organizations volunteer corps, including (random ideas, you can laugh if you want, but only if you replace them with better ideas):
- add meeting to calagator.org
- post "multiple openings" ad for volunteers on craigs list or similar
- have another play-day openwrt clinic or something
Your Item Here
- Russell won't be at the next weekly, so we won't have the gift certificate for LuckyLabSW.
- Invigorating volunteers/involvement:
- It is discussed, and decided, that rather than the current once-a-week meeting format, where each week is much like the one before, with a different venue, the monthlies should be incentivized, and the weeklies should return to being more action focused.
- Towards this end, we will try to have presentations at the monthlies, which will then fuel project activity during the month to generate content for monthly presentations.
- Presentations can be PTP-generated or external. PTP-generated presentations will be based on PTP driven experiments in the arena of community wireless, and will contribute to community knowledge and education.
- We will post event details to calagator.org, cause Russell thinks it looks good.