- Pick location for next weekly
- City Update
Your Item Here
- The next weekly meeting will be at Red and Black Cafe.
Michael has been trying to reconnect with the City about MetroFi hardware and Fiber. BrendanFinn from DanSaltzman's office is going to make an introduction to AmandaFritz's office soon. Commissioner Fritz received the Cable Bureau when Saltzman received the Police Bureau.
Rich is interested in local content and seeing WiFi coverage at skateparks. ProStructure suggested he come talk to PTP. He's also working on developing a drink order system to run at WiFi equipped restaurants/bars. He'd be interested in piggy backing it on PTP nodes (with contract from the node host). Russell and Mike both agree that it would be fine, as it's just a local feature that the node host could select to offer. A link would be needed on the splash page to the service. We see a demo of the service, seems to work pretty well.
- Russell gives some background on PTP's Alix fundraising and replacement plans.
- Bill from Clearwire tells us in no uncertain terms that Clear service *can* be used to power PTP nodes and other hotspots. He also says they have an Android based phone coming this year.
- We need a new Monthly location. Steve has tried to contact Roots about using their meeting space. He hasn't heard back, so he'll try again Friday.