- Pick location for next weekly
- Check out the node for reported problems
Leave earlier than usual for a pate and cheese send off for MichaelWeinberg
Your Item Here
- Mustered downstairs at Ecotrust
- Russell brought three laptops
- The first one had a hard time connecting to www.personaltelco.net, but eventually succeeded to get DHCP (Ubuntu/NetworkManager is dumb and drops the connection is DHCP fails)
- Joren's laptop connected okay
- Russell was associated but could not ping orb or either of the access points
- Russell tried the other two laptops, with similar results, but could connect to the Laughing Planet access point, and from it, connected to orb from the internet side.
- We power cycled the cisco ap's, and when the downstairs ap dropped, my laptops associated with the upstairs ap and they suddenly started working.
- Oddly, the downstairs ap, despite being "on" when we arrived, power cycling seems to have killed the 48V power supply, because it did not come back up. (Measuring at home, later, the adapter appears to be putting out only 2V).
- The node "works" now, but we are reduced to a single ap upstairs until we can organize a replacement adapter/injector.
- There was also discussion of swapping out or resetting the cisco's there, in order to regain access to them (they have long forgotten passwords protecting them)
At about 7:30, we adjourned and headed for Marino's house for our send off of MichaelWeinberg.