- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeEdison -- fixed without intervention
NodeBrunner -- had a problem with redundant host records for dnsmasq, which had the effect that dnsmasq decided it shouldn't start, giving the appearance to clients of a DNS outage.
NodeWeidler -- still waiting for Russell to prep a Mikrotik RB493G to take over.
- We are still limping along without a node map.
- Russell contacted State DOJ regarding our deficient CT-12, he has not heard back yet, which might (probably is) good news, though he was hoping to hear confirmation that we are square with them.
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
NodeMarshall -- Steve's bringing his node hardware including power supplies to Russell to investigate and replace;
NodeBrunner -- things got slow yesterday, 35ms went up to several seconds. called comcast, they said, reset your modem, wait 10 minutes. about an hour on the phone. rebooted the gateway, oh, ping times are good, but DNS was broken. problem ultimately was redundant host records, which kept dnsmasq from starting.
- CT-12 -- demand letter in PO box, Russell called to followup up, expecting a callback
- Russell was one of five participants on Portland CEF call, grant proposal due 11/16
- Multiple categories of grants, $8M this year, $30-40M next year
- Clean Energy, energy efficiency, BIPOC, 5% group for Innovation
- Grant proposal for block area network: switch, fiber, fiber fuser, lawyer for documenting easements
- Small grant $200K or less, staff 1.8x minimum wage, award post February