- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
- OpenVPN report, follow up from last week
- Devices that are currently reachable were repointed at drei
- Some devices are offline, we should probably leave iris as is until the offline nodes can be reconnected
- Beginning to experiment with modified configuration:
- multiple openvpn server targets for automatic fail-over (works-ish);
- ipv6 configuration is complicated:
- there are different prefixes for each server;
- we want to use native ipv6 when it's available;
- when it isn't available, we want to use our tunnel and dynamically routed via olsrd or equivalent;
- we'd like to be able to use the tunnel when reaching other similar prefixed node addresses;
- when olsrd is running for ipv6, it's stealing the default route via a low metric, which isn't really what we want;
- there are some warts in the way olsrd configuration works currently which i'm working out, maybe by abandoning it.
- i have a babeld configuration for nodes, but not yet for the servers (iris, drei, knod), needs more experimentation.
BattleMesh -- debrief from Ted and Russell (latter really only was able to participate post-hoc via recorded stream)
- PCEngines Group Order has been submitted, delivery expected in roughly a week to 10 days.
- Node Brunner - shift to APU2?
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
NodeMississippi - Attachment bar painted, likely Saturday event, pending hauling 16' of ladder.
- Node contact will not be there, also need temporary 12v to test aiming antenna.
- 1pm, maybe 1.5 hours
NodeStreetRoots - haven't heard from since end of October, need to contact again
NodeKlickitat - widgets had limited SoC capacity, Russell will cycle other widgets out over time
BattleMesh - Ted caught Saturday youtube stream over several hours, and Sunday early with no time-shifting, would've preferred to talk directly to presenters, but did comment in chat.
- PCEngines - most items cheaper than list, but also 2 UPS import charges expected
- Portland Clean Energy Fund - date missed this year
- Municipal Broadband PDX - still working over response, hope to have complete at end of week
- No meeting next week, we will meet the first week in December