Results 1 - 25 of 74 results out of about 33726 pages. (9.49 seconds)
- AccessPointSig . . . 13 matches
- ...AccessPointSig is RossOlson and JerrittCollord and Phil.
'''What is an Access Point?'''
An AccessPoint is a wireless Internet access service that serves a contiguous physical ar...
- LinuxAccessPoint . . . 5 matches
- ...One useful project is to turn one of the free Unixes into a true AccessPoint. More to come ...
Personal Telco is now maintaining a pre-built DebianApImage which includes everyth...
- BsdAccessPoint . . . 3 matches
- ...There has been a fair amount of work done in getting Linux to run as a true AccessPoint but so far there hasn't been too much visible work on getting the BSD's to do the same. He...
- PublicAccessPoint . . . 2 matches
- ...I originally posted this to AccessPointSig, but I'm putting it here because there's no simple, default WikiWord about a PTP node.
At the last MonthlyMeeting, a discussion took pl...
- MusenkiAccessPoint . . . 2 matches
- ...d*bliw) is coming out with two new Linux based access points. These are true Linux AccessPoints but they aren't available yet. A BSD version is expected sometime after the releas...
- WarDriving . . . 5 matches
- ...ister had an article about War driving.
There are some tools to facilitate finding AccessPoints.
= Tools =
For a complete list of Wardriving Tools/Software visit http://wardrivi...
- WirelessSniffer . . . 4 matches
- ...he detail about the consistency and signal strength etc of the network.For discover accesspoints / networks / ad-hoc cards, Wellenreiter got an amazing easy scanner window. It sea...
- NodeStandards . . . 4 matches
* ''added 20030611''
* The Node '''MUST''' provide an AccessPoint (ie. run in InfrastructureMode) and '''MUST NOT''' restrict access via [[WEP]], [[8...
- DebianAp . . . 4 matches
- ...y step instructions, what JerrittCollord achived of turning a Linux box into a true AccessPoint using JouniMalinen's HostApMode drivers for the Prism2Card''''''s.
Because I am mo...
- WirelessDistributionSystem . . . 3 matches
- ...ka. WDS) is a (broken) feature enabled in
the Intersil 802.11b silicon which allows AccessPoints to talk directly
to other AccessPoints via a 2Mb backchannel.
The HostApMode dr...
- PersonalTelcoMetrics . . . 3 matches
- ...ontent, etc). See [[CoreIdeas]].
=== Electricity Usage of Nodes ===
(number wifi [[AccessPoint]]s in PDX) x (electricity usage of each)
(guess as to number of wifi [[Acc...
- NewUsersGuide . . . 3 matches
- ... really pretty simple.
1. Make sure that your computer is ready to connect to an AccessPoint (same as it would be to use the wireless at home or work)..
* Set your [[ESSID]] ...
- InfoBits . . . 3 matches
- ...Your Deployment
* The Windows Installation
*Step 1. Install Network Adapters & AccessPoints
*Step 2. Install: 802.11b Wireless Card
*Step 3. Configure Your NIC-Equipp...
- HostApMode . . . 3 matches
- ...esent only in Intersil's Prism2Card which enables a WiFi interface to act as a true AccessPoint (eg. BssMode or InfrastructureMode) without requiring special firmware. bsdseek.com...
- FrequentlyAskedQuestions . . . 3 matches
- ...tioning node.
=== Recommendations ===
1. Q: I understand what I need to do, what AccessPoint do you recommend I purchase??<<BR>>
A: We don't really have a good recommendation ...
- WhatIsFreedom . . . 2 matches
All of this is part of why I think it's crucial that we find or build LinuxAccessPoints so that we can take advantage of everything that the hardware offers us rather the...
- WdsBridging . . . 2 matches
- ...WirelessDistributionSystem (WDS) is a mechansism for connecting AccessPoints to other AccessPoints using the HostApMode driver for Linux (or possibly *BSD?).
Here's a config exam...
- Wap11Comments . . . 2 matches
- ...Comments on the Linksys WAP11 AccessPoint from the AccessPointReviews page.
* Linksys Wireless Network Access Point WAP11 (24 April 2001)
* Approximate Cost: $149 Buy.com, $179...
- Ugate3300Comments . . . 2 matches
- ...Comments on Maxgate's Ugate3300 AccessPoint from the AccessPointReviews page:
* MaxGate/UGate 3300 (15 April 2001)
* Approximate Cost: $299.95 - $314.00 ($25.00 Rebate from 1 A...
- ThePlan . . . 2 matches
- ...f description of how PersonalTelco will conquer the world :)
Get as many AccessPoints (they will not be inter-connected to start with) up as possible. Help people make...
- SplashPage . . . 2 matches
1. Visitor instructs their wireless device to connect to PersonalTelco AccessPoint
1. Device connects to AccessPoint
1. Visitor opens [[RealBrowser|web browser appl...
- Prism2Card . . . 2 matches
- ... the HostApMode abilities of the stock Prism2 cards which allows us to build a LinuxAccessPoint that supports InfrastructureMode.
If you are trying to setup a Prism2Card to work ...
- NatBasedClientRoaming . . . 2 matches
- ...ishes Layer 2 connectivity with ''Node A'' (this should be automatic so long as the AccessPoint doesn't use WEP and the clients ESSID is set to either "Any" or "www.personaltelco....
- GettingStarted . . . 2 matches
- ...rastructure mode", which means you use one or more client computer(s) talking to an AccessPoint, or "hub" antenna, but there may be a few links set up differently.
That's the bas...
- BssMode . . . 2 matches
- ...InfrastructureMode, is where [[802.11b]] wireless clients talk to each other via an AccessPoint. This is as opposed to AdHocMode where clients talk to each other directly.
3.1k - rev: 13 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:03:35
3.4k - rev: 18 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:00:54
1.1k - rev: 15 (current) last modified: 2012-03-10 22:50:08
1.7k - rev: 10 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:00:48
3.4k - rev: 14 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:00:58
10.0k - rev: 108 (current) last modified: 2012-05-27 13:28:19
19.2k - rev: 105 (current) last modified: 2011-08-03 09:07:42
2.5k - rev: 25 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:02
5.4k - rev: 11 (current) last modified: 2012-03-11 02:30:45
0.6k - rev: 12 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:04:16
2.8k - rev: 3 (current) last modified: 2012-04-03 13:56:39
8.4k - rev: 53 (current) last modified: 2012-04-04 13:58:49
13.4k - rev: 12 (current) last modified: 2011-04-26 14:57:27
5.5k - rev: 41 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:44
12.6k - rev: 24 (current) last modified: 2012-04-04 13:53:39
5.4k - rev: 11 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:00:59
0.8k - rev: 4 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:00:49
18.1k - rev: 55 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:46
2.2k - rev: 6 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:13
5.6k - rev: 18 (current) last modified: 2019-07-31 18:21:07
1.4k - rev: 7 (current) last modified: 2014-03-05 08:19:15
10.0k - rev: 130 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:43
4.9k - rev: 8 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:01:03
3.5k - rev: 21 (current) last modified: 2007-11-23 18:04:02
0.7k - rev: 10 (current) last modified: 2009-01-13 06:16:47