← Revision 21 as of 2017-03-22 22:55:27
Revision 22 as of 2017-03-24 11:36:42
revised some details
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|* 7 people covering install/support/helpdesk (need to fill 2 open positions)||
* 7 people covering install/support/helpdesk
* Board needs to fill 2 open positions
|Line 38:||Line 39:|
|* BPA fiber deployed about 20yrs ago, may need to be redeployed in right of way through Sandy||* BPA fiber deployed about 20yrs ago, may need to be redeployed (not just in Sandy, generally)|
|Line 41:||Line 42:|
|* NodeWygant - Roommate on far end of basement, add MR24, discuss $55 from Charlie via LivingRoomRealty||* NodeWygant - Roommate on far end of basement, add MR24, got approval for $55 from LivingRoomRealty, talking to Charlie about logistics|
|Line 47:||Line 48:|
|* RussellSenior is now maintainer for iproute2 in LEDE and OpenWRT, challenged by "devlink"||* RussellSenior is maintainer for iproute2 in LEDE and OpenWRT, challenged by UAPI problems, working on "devlink"|
- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeKellogg -- outage due to popped GFI outlet, reset, back in business.
NodeCedarHillsCrossing -- another DSL outage, after a couple weeks, have requested mall staff request replacement router, or at least frontally assault ISP technical support looking for satifaction.
NodeWygant -- want to install an MR24, have the go ahead from the landlord, need to replace the Alix with a Buffalo WZR600DHP again (as it was originally) and prep an MR24 and figure out if we can run a cable into the apartment. Tenants are complaining and anxious for action.
- LEDE Project -- Russell managed to get iproute2 updated to v4.10.0 (he's the volunteer maintainer of the package)
Russell will report on interesting visit to SandyNet board meeting and followup discussion.
- Russell installed another DIR860L at home of a PLUG friend, measured only 500Mbps upstream, pretty consistently, either 500 or 750Mbps downstream
Your Item Here
SpencerByrneSeres discussed Internet access in Cuba, and possibility of data exchange with US. webrtc?
- $7M+ capital, $250/connection
- 20 months cost recovery (hw + install)
- 2000 customers, 60% of market, many walked
- $115K/mo revenue, most on 100Mb, dozen+ on Gb
- 7 people covering install/support/helpdesk
- Board needs to fill 2 open positions
- Board mostly public employees, Clackamas co. school dist. etc
- Using one strand of Clackamas public loop (to Gov. Camp) 288 strand total as 10Gb connection to Pittock.
- 5wk backlog on installs, due to lack of on-hand cash
- Urban renewal district in Business district, plus multi-unit deployments
- Ordinance requires conduit for new development
Some corp customers (ie Starbucks) have requirement to use AT&T
- Largest Sandy employer makes manuals for corporate jets
- Competition is Wave Cable and DSL
- Legally group was already existing as Sandy Wi-Fi
- Similarly had financial numbers from Wi-Fi takeup
- 2-3 years before starting to pay back 20yr bonds
- BPA fiber deployed about 20yrs ago, may need to be redeployed (not just in Sandy, generally)
- Using a cheaper indoor Calix device, outside box is just fiber coupler
- already have 3 ports in use, so need to replace Alix.
- Russell may visit tomorrow as is out Saturday
NodeKellog - Reset of GFCI (tripped), now has a cut zip-tie for security.
NodeCedarHillsCrossing - Should be requesting a new DSL modem from Integra.
NodeLikewise - Russell will install on Thursday.
RussellSenior is maintainer for iproute2 in LEDE and OpenWRT, challenged by UAPI problems, working on "devlink"
JJJ site experiencing 500Mb upload speed which is not characteristic of known CenturyLink sites, assume related to HW, possible future PTP node?
- Missed out on previous MR24 offer (10 for $15), now looking at 25 for $300 from same seller.
- Decamped to Qubo for food
KeeganQuinn has suggested April 12th as a negotiable date for a possible Vancouver PTP Weekly.