Location: Sam's Billards
Date: 21th November 2002
Time: 7 PM to 10 PM
Board of Director Attendees: AdamShand, MichaelCodanti and LucasSheehan
Advisory Board Attendees: NigelBallard, AlHooton, DonPark and LonnieWormley
PTP will eventually buy the van from NigelBallard.
- Nigel has paid the insurance for the time being.
- PTP will paint the van this summer and help to maintain the van.
AdvisoryBoard Meeting Attendance
- All PTP meetings are open to everyone and will have an agenda and meeting minutes will be taken and posted to the web site. The main PTP mailing list will be notified of the meeting minutes with a link to the web site.
- Anyone can attend a Board of Directors meeting or an Advisory Board meeting as a visitor and not a participnant.
- Visitors may observe the meeting in progress, but may only interact with the meeting attendees after the meeting
- Anyone that is interested in getting items on the meeting agenda are encouraged to contact the Board of Directors or Advisory Board members before the meeting.
Yearly Board of Directors meeting
- The annual meeting will take place at Sam's Billards 12th of December 2002 at 7:00 PM
PTP has outgrown the functionality of the wiki and is planning to migrate to Drupal.
- Some of the features include, call tracking, calendering and user login.
- The ops team is focused on PTP production node management
- One of the goals is to establish a standatd hardware platform
- This will allow for improved documentation of setup and problems
- Training will be easier
Fatport is one hardware platform under consideration.
- Ops will establish an LDAP server for centralized authentication.
- Ops will create sudu users and maintenance scripts for PTP public nodes.
Suggested Goals for 2003
- Standardized hardware
- More nodes
- Work on getting hardware and financial donations.
- Establish an automated maintenance and statistic program for PTP public nodes.
- Span the west hills with Wi-Fi metro area wireless network.
- Continue to make PTP website the best source for Wi-Fi information.
- Establish PTP managed network back haul
- PTP controlled office and meeting space with Internet access.
- Ops list is only for automated email for node status and for discussion of PTP live network issues on currently operating nodes
- The Setup list will be renamed to the Admin list.
- The Admin list will be where all PTP related planning will be discussed.
- The list will not be publically archived
- The list will be invitation only
- The current Setup, Governors and Board list will be eliminated
- The Admin list will be initially created from scratch and members added at the descrition of the Board of Directors.
- New members will be added by invitation by existing list members when approved by the Board of Directors.
- Boingo wants to list our nodes