- Node notes:
NodeSuzette is not phoning home
- Looks like maybe someone just turned it off when they went home, closed Monday and Tuesday, should come back on Wednesday.
- Integra now going by Allstream
- Node came back briefly this morning, but it's out again. Node host has contacted Allstream which acknowledges the outage is on their side.
NodeLuckyLab -- ap2 (in the meeting room) is offline, Russell was there on Monday, no lights, couldn't reach the power strip/outlet to investigate the cause, limping reasonably well on ap1.
- Was ready to swap in new box
Got word office is likely to close in the next month, WiLine is wondering where our box will land
- Visited on Friday to install replacement PERC5/I battery so box will boot without keyboard press (yay!)
- Crash monitor has a half-dollar sized dead spot in upper left
- One of the 1TB disks in the RAID1 array was dead (confirmed at home), a new one is ready to install
- Open Manage tools from Dell to manage RAID controller from Debian are possibly unobtainium, at least initial attempts have failed, will probably need to use the BIOS tools to add the new disk to the array, have a vague sense of the procedure from watching unclear youtube videos.
Met with a potential server host on Monday, in case of loss or in addition to WiLine
- will need some kind of public benefit, possibly in exchange for consulting service
- many details to work out, not a sure thing, but Russell and interlocutor are enthusiastic
Met with Christopher Mitchell from ILSR on Thursday after NetInclusion2022, had a nice conversation.
- Report on DIN meeting
- Ted assisted Russell in moving another 24-foot extension ladder about 1.5 miles to Russell's house, approximately equivalent to the existing Russell extension ladder
- Node notes:
WiLine - Connected to operations staff last Friday which no longer has access to the room directly, building staff provided access. Expect to be vacating office in next month or so.
As such don't want to place new server in WiLine office. So instead replace raid battery.
- Need to replace one drive via PERC card.
- MESD - possible host for new colo box
- previous discussion was prior to OSU-OSL
- Their cost is about $20/mo, may be able to receive as consulting arrangement contract (we are an educational institution).
- Have 2 strands of dedicated fiber to every school, so 20G bonded connectivity
- Would we provide a benefit via assisting with wireless outside the building
Russell had an extended conversation with Christopher Mitchell while he was in town for NetInclusion2022
- He mentioned that there is an exchange between towns that want networks and groups that want to set them up, but it is overrun by lobbyists.
- Russell attended the DIN meeting today, since Russell may not get open position, he will bring up the "Russell Plan" again. Full agenda this month to discuss boatload of money available.