Date and Time: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm
Roll Call: StefanMintier, MarinoDuregon, SethShikora, ChristopherChen, DrewKalina, MichaelWeinberg, RickLindahl, AdamShand, GeneMerrill, SteveTree
Review election procedures for BoardOfDirectors
- Finalize membership rolls for election in July
Complete nominations for BoardOfDirectors
- Review pending node maintenance
Review status of SkyPilot removal and/or repurposing
- Ideas for recruiting new active members
- Ideas for revitalizing activities or projects
- Michael uses stage to introduce people in attendance
- Russell reviews the election procedures
Adam asked about the funding model for the AlixCab project and suggested we hit up node hosts a little harder than we have.
- Russell lists nodes needing help:
NodeWestover (needs repeaters to be reconfigured).
NodeHotPepper needs their roof evaluated for new gear.
- Russell says the primary obstacle to getting these things done is coordination issues over helper availability. Stefan suggests and volunteers to set up some google calendar thingie to assist with that.
Michael reports that nothing is happening at the City with regard to the SkyPilot disposition, as far as we know.
Russell reports on OSBridge experience and on other ideas for recruiting new members/volunteers.
AdamShand expresses view of sexy configuration management projects Chef and Puppet and that those might be technological hooks to attract volunteer interest. Michael suggests that Adam blog about it, sets Adam up with an account on the PTP blog.
- (other stuff I'm not remembering, please add/correct, thx).