LuckyLab : 28th November 2001
Scribe: ChristianSeppa; Backup Scribe: SamChurchill
The comment no information due to disk error means my brain did not capture the information fast enough. This convention was initiated by LonnieWormley, and I will faithfully hew to its style. My role as note-taker is a new one, and I'd like to advise that there are never too many note takers in the meeting. Please add your comments to this page and fill in any missing details or link your detailed comments from this page.
Non-Profit Corporations: Advantages and Disadvantages
presented by Marc Visnick
I believe that this presentation was successfully recorded by Omega using audio equipment.
- Introductory disclaimer: not legal advice, only informational speech.
- Two types of non-profit organizations in Oregon: public benefit and mutual benefit.
- Advantages of Incorporation:
- Limitation of individual liability.
- Possibility of tax-deductible status, or tax-exempt status.
- Disadvantages of Incorporation:
- Time and resources to setup considerable.
- Filing of forms, keeping of books mandatory.
E & O insurance, general liability insurance may be required.
- Marc's suggestions:
- Refine PTP mission statement.
- Puzzle out how operational income would be generated. Create PTP business plan.
- One-third of money coming in must be from grants or public assistance to qualify for 501c3 status.
- Keep a close eye on the legal situation of OPN, as it may relate to PTP status.
Report from the Special Interest Groups
Propaganda - LonnieWormley
- Still has more t-shirts for the people. Not all those who launder are washed.
- A proposal was made to abandon the AP Sig.
- Stylistic Image in Beta. Testers needed!
- Next step: Get Image onto CD for user implementation. This step deferred for the time being.
- Copyright status of website and logo needs to be determined.
- Review usage statement.
- Abstract question of the day: What is the copyright status of wiki pages?
- North and South parks blocks need to be covered. Anybody have leads on locations?
Someone needs to modify HTML NoCat Pages to reflect PTP branding.
- Passed out more large and small stickers.
- No news on the status of the clear window decals.
- The node mapping software is being successfully used, and PTP is now hosting NYC wireless and Toronto as well.
- If Easystreet offers IPv6 implementations, people said they would sign up.
- Rich Bader from Easystreet declared non-commercial PTP nodes acceptable use!