Node name: Cornerstone
Live Date: May 6, 2007
Sponsor: Joe Company
Contact: Joe Blah <joe AT blah DOT net>
1134 SW Jefferson St
Portland, OR 97201
- Soekris net4821 (provided by Cornerstone Apartments)
- (2) A/B/G 100mW Atheros Radios
- 9dBi, 2.4GHz Omni Antenna, 7 deg downtilt
- 19dBi, 5GHz Flat Panel Directional Antenna,16 degree beamwidth
Meraki Mesh Network (supplied by NetEquality)
- (3) Meraki Minis (1 gateway, 2 repeaters)
- Pyramid Linux (on Soekris)
- ESSID: www.personaltelco.net
- Channel: 11
- BSSID: 00:0B:6B:0A:7F:18
Upstream Connection via NodeFirstUnitarian
Connected via WDS over a channel 165 802.11a link to emerson at NodeFirstUnitarian, essid "www.personaltelco.net/wds"
- Address on PTPnet Network: 10.11.61.4/24
Meraki's connect to the AP's ethernet interface (192.168.1.1) and have their traffic routed up to servetus at NodeFirstUnitarian
- The "sink" meraki is statically assigned 192.168.1.2
Installers / Organizers
Maintenance and System Log
2007-05-05: Installation and configuration. See also the log on NodeFirstUnitarian.
- 2007-05-01: Proof of concept.
- The Cornerstone Building is a 6-story, 48 unit residential building with 2 ground floor commercial units. The building was constructed in 2001.
NodeCornerstone, currently repeating NodeFirstUnitarian, would like to add additional bandwidth and is investigating an opportunity connect to an ISP.
To Do List
- Talk to surrounding buildings