PlayDay To Do List:
DanRichardson wants to do:
How well does NoCatAuth hold up when flooded with requests?
- How many clients can really share a base station before throughput goes to hell?
- What's the signal strength of a 1 Watt Amped Base Station?
Get 3-4 Laptops in AdHoc mode, and see if they repeat each other. If so, can #1 reach #4, what's the throughput, etc.
ErikWalthinsen wants to do:
- Distance tests between various cards and APs with different antennae
Omni -> unidirectional (stratum-1 to stratum-2 connection)
Omni -> card (stratum-2 to stratum-3 connection)
Omni -> omni (same-stratum peering)
Card -> card (madhoc meshing)
Testing disjoint networks: card1 <> card2 <> card3, can card2 relay between card1 and card3?
- Assuming the above, attempt a madhoc mesh from the main site, after determining falloff distances for various card pairs
- I want to try putting a unidirectional and an omni on the same card. The idea would be to link the uni to a higher-stratum node, and provide omni support for the microcell surrounding the antenna. And if each node in the microcell runs madhoc and it works out properly, they can route themselves a mesh falling away from the central antenna.
- How well a single omni can handle a decent (10ish?) number of unidirectionals pointing at it, bridging/routing between them all and the uplink
Putting up a temporary tower and getting other people with line-of-sight to hook up from a wider area (say, 1-2mi radius) would be the best possible demo. If we think we can pull that off, a call to the media might be in order
It looks like ScottMcClung will be bringing his 40ft tower along, so we've got that covered. Just need to decide what antenna goes on top, and what machine goes at the bottom