This is the SatelliteTruckToDo page. Here are some things that we need to do to get the SatelliteTruck ready for operation.
- mount mobo (once purchased)
- mount USB GPS receiver on the roof, close enough to reach mobo via USB
- mount Meade autostar mobile base on roof
- mount Canon ZR70MC MiniDV Digital Camcorder to autostar base
- Repair/lubricate ladder stops.
- Design and apply an exterior scheme (part paint, part vinyl sign?)
- Label and document all wiring/cabling.
- car stereo
car battery (2008Mar)engine photo
- lower power mobo+powersupply. needs: USB, VGA
option: $123 http://www.logicsupply.com/products/vb7001g (2008Mar5)
- LCD panel, primary computer display
- Purchase the van
- Do a quick once over
- Replace control cable in the coil with CAT5 cables
- Took out LMR-400, zip cord, and two multi-conductor cables
- Put in one of the multi-conductor cables (6 mic cable snake), 4 cat5's and 2 cat3's
- Mount switch in rack
- Actually, installed Don's 24-port 10Mbps hub for now
- Nigel has insured it
- Change the tires (store studded tires for winter time)
- Someone said Les Schwab might change them for us?
- Finish running remainder of tower cable through roof conduit and into van
- Aquire and mount a weatherproof box on the mast for APs
- First box will be temporary, until the aimer can be built
- Repair back step (weld)
- It's not the prettiest, but it is stronger than ever now.
- Change the oil, check air filters, fluid levels, etc.
Fixing wiring problems
- Battery charger draining battery
- Main positive wire melted bare in spots. (and a slight 24x7 draw)
- Run through DEQ to determine current condition of engine.
it seems it's over weight so we don't have to do this!
Can you point me to something that states that? The DEQ site says: "In Portland and surrounding areas, all 1975 model year vehicles and newer must be tested. In the Medford area, all vehicles 20 years old or less must be tested. Cars, trucks, vans, motor homes and buses powered by gasoline or alternative fuels such as propane. Diesel powered vehicles with manufacturer's gross weight rating of 8,500 pounds or less." So the weight exception is only for BIG diesel vehicles which this isn't. In any case Nigel will know for sure in a few months when he gets the renewal notice.
This is correct. Diesel vehicles with GVWs less than 8,500lbs (registered in the PDX Metro area) must still pass through DEQ, but the emissions test is much less stringent than that for gasoline vehicles. (email@example.com)
Mount switch in rack and wire to jacks inside and outside (done, sorta)
- Still need to run cables, etc.