The SoekrisBox is an embedded computer from Soekris Engineering http://soekris.com/. There are four versions. 4521, 4511, 4501, and 4526.
Each has minor differences in hardware configuration. The 4521 which is currently being installed has the following specifications:
- 133 Mhz AMD ElanSC520
- 64 Mbyte SDRAM, soldered on board
- 1 Mbit BIOS/BOOT Flash
- CompactFLASH Type I/II socket, 8 Mbyte FLASH to 1Gbyte IBM Microdrive
- 1-2 10/100 Mbit Ethernet ports, RJ-45
- 1 Serial port, DB9.
- Power LED, Activity LED, Error LED
- Mini-PCI type III socket. (t.ex for optional hardware encryption.)
- 2 PC-Card/Cardbus slots, for wireless adapters
- 8 bit general purpose I/O, 14 pins header
- Hardware watchdog
- Board size 9.2" x 5.7"
- Power either 5V DC fixed or 11-60V DC, max 14 Watt
- Supports Power over Ethernet using proposed 802.3af standard
- Operating temperature 0-60 °C