- Date: February 10, 2004
- Planned Start Time: 6:30PM
- Actual Start Time: 6;32PM
- End Time: 8:07PM
- New Nodes There have been a large number of nodes put up over the last couple of weeks. A moment or five needs to be taken by all those who are benfiting from them to thank the amazing work of all the node installers, the face people who schmooze the location owners, the folks who help out with those and countless other tasks that go into making a node happen.
BI-QUAD antenna build fest was a go. We successfully built the bi-quad however the dish never arrived so that will be adapted soon. Good things were discovered that will help during the main Antenna Build workshop. AaronBaer The date for the main Antenna Build Workshope is _ and will be at _
Web Based IRC client to be set up by KarolKulaga (nochange 02/10/04)
Hawthorne Hostel Roof Node and the Amazing Powering Down Gremlins in the existing Hostel Node. TomHiggins is coordinating with the managers on this. If it is that the case the old cab is failing we can get a nucab in there in short order.
TomFitz - SMTP auth Web Mail on bone?? Don says TomFitz will install squirlmail on bones. squirrelmail is, waiting on ssl key. ssl key on the todo list. 02/10/04 Aaron will take a look at the install.
TomFitz - Biz cards. We need business cards. Blank cards and cards for all of the people on the contact page. Good Idea. Someone needs to design them or use the old design and modify.
Rocky Butte seems to be down. There are no longer any beacon packets flying eastward towards KeeganQuinn's house. Please Help. -- Need more info about problem maybe. Why is it down. Can someone drive by and check if it is up or down? It seems that Rocky Butte has been plugged in once again. Hope is to confirm very soon.
- PTP is going through a growth spurt. Work needs to be done to keep folks not only informed up but psyched up about what our mission is all about. Spread the good news .. get the memeberexcited about PTP..
NigelBallard is working on nodes that include a ice cream parlor downtown a subway and bar near PSU (Change 02/10/04)
TomFitz and KeeganQuinn: Automated database to facilitate generating statistics. Discussion concludes that individual users must not be identified, but data could potentially be useful and interesting. update: MAC address tracking/NoCat logs. looking for volunteers (Change 01/06/04)-- KeeganQuinn nocatauth to export xml statistics, it may be useful in the interim. seattlewireless has Really Cool Shit http://stats.seattlewireless.net/ http://www.caseyhalverson.com/wispot/ (Change 01/13/04) Contact as been made with Casey Halverson. The data scheme is being looked at. Ideas were tossed around on a new database for storing node info, and what is needed for in-house and public consumption. (no change 02/10/04)
KeeganQuinn suggests holding a wireless summit in Summer 2004. The thinking is to hold it at the VictoriaPortAngelesParty or the OSCON gathering since both will be major places and times of the tribes gathering.
- Don - Tech plan. Three pieces to his plan. Hot spots and their dev/deployment, PTPnet (many possibilities) , web software devlopment (node stats, Nodedb replacement?, moinmoni to plone.) Don will elaborate. Bold.. Go for it! Jerrit had conversation with Don at the Bi-Quad fest regarding an upgrade of moinmoin and focus on
building the user database.