- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
- Cacti cleanup -- fixing addresses, in many cases converting from numeric to host.ptp or host.nodename.ptp, adding missing access points, etc.
NodeMississippi -- Mississippi Commons has been offline since early June, on Tuesday got access and rebooted/recovered, discovered metrix-west and metrix-ed aren't reachable.
NodeFirstUnitarian -- updated ap1 (origen, in the closet off the main street sanctuary balcony) but broke it in the process, installed a replacement on July 17. Also tried contacting the fellow from the Cornerstone roof (previously a point-to-point repeater 500 feet south of NodeFirstUnitarian), but on site it appears a gigantic apartment building is currently blocking line of sight, so maybe a lost cause.
- Russell has tweaked the BIND configuration scripts to use relative hostnames at nodes (first whack used names based on the PTP ipaddr, which turned out to be a tedious mistake)
Your Item Here
- Russell (info@) was contacted by an admin of a dredging company in Antwerp to ask about troubleshooting a network issue. Russell is hoping for an onsite visit.
Much work on NodeMississippi completed, but we still do want to update the Ballroom config, but also are still wanting to get new backhaul, and now we need to also look at Ed's node.
Cornerstone was dropped off the network, as they no longer can see NodeFirstUnitarian due to a building in the way.
No way to reflash the Cisco devices (Intel embedded CPU) at NodeEcotrust, but doesn't seem possible. Picostation flashed with PTP image.
- Bug related to file updates ("make" noticing newer files) in LEDE distribution.
- BIND configuration update to make node/AP/client names align with node name for sensible guesswork.
- Add conduit/ethernet to Ted's house.
- Look at reason for reboot of iris. Russell has enabled services at boot that were not previously enabled.
Next week's meeting is the monthly (and Annual Member's Meeting) at NodeLuckyLab.