Date and Time: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 6:30pm-8:00pm
Roll Call: RussellSenior,TedBrunner,TomasKuchta,JasonBergstrom,MatthewKlug,SteveTree
- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeCedarHillsCrossing -- noted an outage that began on Saturday morning, building management has been alerted, but probably won't see the message until Monday morning, this has previously been determined to be a problem with the Integra DSL modem. It should probably be replaced. Node host power cycled a few times with only minor improvement. Russell drove out Tuesday morning. Attached a serial console, the alix looked okay, rebooted the DSL modem, ignoring the glaring sticker that says not to reboot it, and it recovered. --Russell
NodeGooseHollow -- Russell and Tomas replaced the two Ubiquiti AirRouters with Meraki MR24's, hoping to install a third one downstairs. Also installed an 8-port gigabit switch and three 48V PoE injectors.
NodeFirstUnitarian -- neighbor with the 5GHz backhaul to the bell tower got an 8.5 foot piece of outdoor cat6 to replace her temporary ethernet cable. When rebooting her Ubiquiti Loco, the net4826 on her roof decided it didn't want to reconnect (needed to do a "wifi restart" to reconnect). This is a recurring issue.
NodeBerneis -- outage is being addressed, fixed.
- Tomas and Russell met on Sunday:
- Explored the network issues he saw. Current theory is that they were related to being connected on ethernet and wireless simultaneously.
- Tomas demonstrated use of ansible as a method of surveying nodes, which could be useful (replacing shell looping for example)
- Discussed resurrecting eggdrop irc bot
- Old unused user accounts?
Your Item Here
- Mark Wilson's ADU
- Node notes
NodeGooseHollow - replaced 2 nodes, still want a hole in NodeFehrenbacher for node 3. Buy gigabit PoE injectors.
NodeCedarHillsCrossing - Russell rebooted, will try to monitor for future DSL modem issues.
NodeFirstUnitarian - 5GHz Yagi?, also Cornerstone (12th & Jefferson) is intermediate was in point-to-point net, there is a building in the way.
Get ahold of JasonChapman to see whether we can get a run to far side of Elliot Center. Possibly issue w/Soekris
- Mark Wilson ADU in Sellwood, so far tepid interest in PTP, but would like to know more. Possible deployment of MR24
- Europe Telecom proposal should be something we approve as additional signatory.
- Eugene Fiber was a way to pull in downtown businesses that had conduit, but most importantly is open access.
SandyNet - ChristopherMitchell - standing eethird Thursday meeting, Russell will go on the 18th.
- JasonB - will review wtmp rotation on PTP nodes, we would like to retain more than 1 month.
Next Week's meeting will probably be at LuckyLabNorth
- Discussion about Thomas/Russel ops:
- Ansible, not currently usable without modules.
- Keys missing (root ssh)