- Pick location for next weekly
- Report on visit to City Council session
- Report on server work:
- Second LSI 9211 card arrived from Ebay seller, this one works
- Firmware and BIOS successfully updated using the UEFI technique (other approaches failed)
- R720 BIOS updated
- Disks reformatted, Debian Hypervisor re-installed
- Purple (the old Supermicro) was shutdown, its two 4TB disks removed and put into the Orange (the Dell R720), and the VMs revived from there, and Purple hauled away. Downtime about two hours.
- OSCON non-profit pavillion booth requested
- Node notes:
NodeSabin -- Another week in the hall-of-shame?
Your Item Here
- Russell attended a City Council meeting, lots of activists in attendance.
- Chris (TA3M) talked about 3rd Monday talks at Northwest Academy (Russell will talk in May).
- Russell requested a non-profit booth at OSCON.
- Will Municipal Broadband PDX request a separate booth?
- New server "orange" now resides in a rack in the Stephouse offices.
- Russell wants to move storage for VMs from old disks to new with pvmove.
KeeganQuinn wants to have a Debian VM to support Cwynmr
- Reminder of failover need with Opus (VMs)
BrianSmith suggested expressoBin 64-bit arm host w/3 net - about $50 from Amazon
- Tomas gave Russell the mini-ITX host that would not save bios settings, needs a power button off the header and now works.
- Node notes:
- Municipal Broadband PDX
Next week's meeting is Lela's Bistro (Pho, 23rd & Raleigh, closes at 8pm, says there is wifis)