- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeNewDeal -- visited, the ethernet was misplaced on the WZR600DHP, in one of the LAN ports instead of the WAN port, we should replace with an MR24 since they don't need the extra ethernet ports.
magenta was resurrected at WiLine on Monday evening, perc5i battery is dead, need a keypress to boot. should either figure out how to replace the battery or replace the box (there is plenty of space on the shelf). nice chat with Shawn. --Russell
- siri (a VM on magenta) is hosed by a partial update, acl update broke many programs, need to link /usr/lib/libc-2.33.so, but 2.31 is installed, needs recovering or just wiping and starting over (maybe the better option).
- two meetings this week
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
NodeNewDeal - Steve stopped by and saw wireless but no Internet. In cabinet in the wall with all ethernet terminations (for cameras/pos/etc). Plugged into Comcast router, but also an 8 port switch. Reboot did not help. ethernet in lan port, which also was broadcasting DHCP. Would like to replace with MR24.
NodeBithouse - Migrated to Comcast Wifi, have not heard from Robert about officially transitioning away
NodeEdison - Management reported issue for new tenant on lower level (opposite AP) issue with getting kicked off and seeing captive portal. Russell asked for MAC address. Management company asked about running ethernet?
- Discussion about extending length of time between seeing a splash page, maybe only for VZA, as the IP needs to be retained (would be flushed on reboot).
Ticket open with WiLine for two weeks, Russell visted office on Monday and met with Shawn (former Stephouse). Failed to boot because keypress required to accept down Perc controller battery. Issue with reboot on February 17th.
- Options: Buy replacement battery, get another R720, put a different existing host in
- Issue with trying to update arch VM (siri, old iris), others were OK.
- Would like to have some server that supported a secondary DNS, VPN tunnel and website/API.
- Russell met with Fred Johnson (documentary filmmaker) this week. Shot video about Sandy Muni and documentary on Ammon, ID, associated with Christopher Mitchell.
- Russell also met with Beth Fox, manages IRNE fiber plant (10 years). Maps cannot be made public (except provided to Google for previous proposal) due to being considered critical infrastructure.
- 16 strands to Powell Butte BEoC is saturated, so they are interested in running a larger bundle.
- Deal with Wave to replace i-net (Comcast).
- They build some of their own fiber out, but also some in-kind strands.
- Cost estimate $75/ft ariel, $350/ft underground downtown, usable for 50 years (but amortized at 20).
- Construction costs rise 25% per year?
- City-built fibre is not constrained by use (other than preference).
- City signaling group wants to be able to use assets, but right of way groups are less friendly.
- Municipal Broadband PDX - was supposed to meet this week, but no other attendees, board meeting Thursday.
Russell will forward "RussellPlan"
- Letter from PPS/Rita Moore, committee sent Russell-drafted letter to Multnomah County