- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeAlhambra -- Russell prepped two new APs to install, awaiting handoff opportunity
- Meeting with Jennifer Redman debrief
- bunch of things
- Our auxilliary domain name 'personaltelco.org' has been renewed
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
- Bill 2592 - bill from 2015 using PUD to support municipal networks
PamMarsh replied to Russell's inquiry, would need to have a need and interest in new PUDs
- She suggested currently Investor Owned Utilities are better positioned and have the option now to do so without barriers
- Russell suggested PUDs could be of any size (a few blocks) so offer an alternative to interested areas, will also contact his representative and senator
Russell has been pressing TinaKotek's campaign about taking a position on Municipal Broadband. This week got a boiler-plate response from Kevin on what they've done (broadband office), will provide access to. (Did not get a response from other campaigns.)
Russell met with JenniferRedman (who took the job at the city), studied who cities deploy telecommunications infrastructure in graduate school. Russell suggested to talk with networks in Hillsboro/Ammon/Colorado/etc, also sent the Russell Plan.
- also suggested city should put fiber in conduits when streets are open.
- will meet monthly, and also may go to Municipal Broadband PDX and Personaltelco meetings.
- personaltelco.org has been renewed
Next week's meeting will be in person at https://batterfish.com (3336 SE Belmont)