← Revision 7 as of 2003-02-02 22:57:43
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
* Woody bug links
* I figured it out. My guess is that you have to have the same release file as your floppy disks. If you wait too long the Release file will change in the directory that you downloaded the images.
* The next release ''Sarge'' will not use floppies
|Line 23:||Line 17:|
'''Base Installation Error'''
* debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)
* well I got this error twice. I will start over with the floppies.
'''Installing Base System 2'''
* The apt-get install netsaint-plugins did not work. I used the packages below.
* netsaint-statd-plugins 2.15-1
* netsaint_statd plugins
* netsaint-statd-server 2.15-1
* the netsaint_statd daemon (server portion)
Load the image files
Currently the image files are located on a private server. When the location is moved to a PersonalTelcoProject server I will updae this page
- The image file rescue.serial.bin does not allow keyboard use from the serial client.
- I have to connect a keyboard to hit enter to start the install.
- The boot process hangs uncompressing the Linux image.
Release File error
the default URL is http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/, do not use this or you will get the error.
use this URL ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/, this seems obvious, but took me 6 hours on Sunday 02 Feb 2003 to figure out.
- The apt-get install netsaint-plugins did not work. I used the packages below.
- netsaint-statd-plugins 2.15-1
- netsaint_statd plugins
- netsaint-statd-server 2.15-1
- the netsaint_statd daemon (server portion)