← Revision 7 as of 2007-10-24 21:08:01
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
|* MichaelWeinberg asserts that while strategic partnerships with for-profit service providers are good, Personal Telco volunteers should not do the work of ad-supported networks by freely extending their coverage.|
Location: NodeUrbanGrindBR Date and Time: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 6:30-8:00pm BR Scribe: RussellSeniorBR Roll Call: SamChurchill, TomFitz, RussellSenior, MichaelWeinberg, MartinSochrman, DonPark, RickLindahl, BruceVirell, PaulLeddyBR
- Node notes
- Project ideas
- City Letter of Support
RickLindahl on Muniwireless Convention
Consume super-delicious mexican chocolate cake from NodeCrema
MichaelWeinberg does introductions
- Russell tediously discusses node operations
- mentions the soekris reflash today
- mentions the outage repair
- wires crossed
- not being able to connect normally, ideas for replacing gear
- stalled, gear ready to go, node host hasn't signed off.
- flakey access point, replaced with Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
- restored WDS, removing one failed device and reconfiguring
- mention marshmallow ooze
- Russell mentions the hardware grant idea
- Mike talks about project ideas
- Tsunami alert
- Emergency alert sent via special nodes
- Office space
- lincoln tower (virtual office space) barter?
SethShikora talks about obstacles
- Rick mentions providing end-user help to connect to neighborhood wireless
- Lots of positive response to ideas for short video content, followup to follow
TomFitz talks about a Rockwood network, Russell encourages him to do it.
MichaelWeinberg asserts that while strategic partnerships with for-profit service providers are good, Personal Telco volunteers should not do the work of ad-supported networks by freely extending their coverage.
- Eat delicious cake
- Rick talks about interactions at MW'07.