← Revision 5 as of 2003-05-07 22:19:18
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|To be eligable to become a member of Personal Telco you must all of the below requirements:||To be eligable to become a member of Personal Telco you must meet all of the below requirements:|
Here is the beginnings of a membership agreement. It is not, nor intended to be, legaleze.
Comments welcome. -- AdamShand
Rights and Responsibilities
To be eligable to become a member of Personal Telco you must meet all of the below requirements:
- You must have contributed to the building of the network by:
Owning (or being listed as the primary technical contact in the node map) a gateway or repeater node which conforms to our NodeStandards. You are eligable once your node has been up for one month. Your eligability lapses if your node is unavailable for three months.
- Must be granted membership by a majority vote of the board of advisors.
- Pay an one time fee of $500 (the approximate cost of building a node).
- You must be sponsored by an existing member.
- You understand that physical activity and risk may be required as part of building network nodes. You agree not to hold Personal Telco liable for any harm that may result from activities either directly or indirectly related to the building of the network.
- You understand that Personal Telco can accept no responsibility for the maintenance or security of your network.
- You agree not to do anything illegal with or through any Personal Telco node. Unacceptable activities include, but are not limited to, spamming, breaching your ISP's terms and conditions of use and breaching the FCC rules and regulations for the ISM band..
- You must allow Personal Telco to audit the availability and location of your node.
- You must allow us to gather and redistribute statistics on your node. However we will never release your name, address, email or any other personally identifying information to a third party.
- You agree not to breach the FCC rules and regulations.
You are eligable for MembershipBenefits.
- Membership may be terminated without cause by either party at any time without reason or appeal.
- You understand that this is a living document and subject to changes. Personal Telco will make a best effort attempt to contact you via email prior to any changes in requirements or responsibilities coming into effect. However ultimate responsibility for knowing the contents of the membership agreement lies with you.
- The most current version of the document will always be available at the below URL: