added more protocol detail
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
* jason at jason justman dot com (GRPS and EV-DO, and serial gps - real time telemetry with google-maps for ajax mashup anyone?)
- Visit, test and collect information at locations identified as once active Personal Telco nodes.
- Train in Protocol
In teams of 2 or 3, dispatch to each identified location. Identified locations are found here: PersonalTelcoBssids. Each location will have a sheet of paper with a map.
- One laptop running Kismet or equivalent network stumbler, with GPS if possible.
- Keep an eye on kismet to/from to see if you see more new PTP BSSIDs and check them out as well
- Drive around a few neighboring blocks to collect relative signal strength data, which will help in triangulating network location
- At the end of the day, upload stumbling data to wigle (or give to Russell to do so).
- Another laptop available to connect to the node
- At each location,
- Discover AP presence/absence
For each PersonalTelco-related AP present:
- AP SSID
- AP BSSID
- Note presence/absence of splash and any self-identification thereon. If captive portal indicates usage over time (N authentications since date X), note that as well.
- Note local network: DHCP server IP, assigned IP.
Identify the upstream IP using http://www.whatsmyip.org or equivalent
- If possible, identify the lat/long or address of the AP
- jason at jason justman dot com (GRPS and EV-DO, and serial gps - real time telemetry with google-maps for ajax mashup anyone?)