← Revision 3 as of 2014-02-08 19:58:09
Device interface information
Revision 4 as of 2014-02-08 20:05:25
added some notes
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
|* 2014-02-08 - Node is up and open -- no captive portal yet.||* 2014-02-08 - Node is up and open.|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
* 2014-02-08 - Couple things for now
* No captive portal
* Using 2.4GHz-only for PTP. Since I'm in a commercial space but not actually on Alberta and due to the Buffalo not being able to use external antennas, I'm sticking with the frequency that has greater distance through walls.
NE 14th Ave. & Alberta
- Hardware: Buffalo WZR600DHP
- Internet IPv4: DHCP
PTPnet IPv4: 10.11.13.1/26
- PTPnet IPv6:
- Channel: 6
- Power: 501mW
- Interface: ptp
- SSID: www.personaltelco.net
- Mode: 802.11g+n
- Auth: Open
- Channel: 149 (40MHz 2nd channel above)
- Power: 501mW
- Interface: LAN
- SSID: subtend
- Mode: 802.11a+n
- Auth: WPA2-AES
Installers / Organizers
Maintenance and System Log
- 2014-02-08 - Node is up and open.
2014-02-02 - As of this date no node is up, but a new node is coming near NE 14th & Alberta.
- Logs below are for when node was in Tigard.
- 2005-??-?? - "Upgraded" to a Cisco 1231, someday will get something better running a captive portal
- 2004-07-11 - Moved to larger subnet (/28 to /24). Still no external antenna.
2003-11-21 - Initial Linksys setup. Allocated PTP subnet and created NodeDb and proper PTP wiki pages. Considering ditching the Linksys and going for a Senao. No external antenna at this point. Might occur in the next couple weeks (the purchasing at least).
- 2014-02-08 - Couple things for now
- No captive portal
- Using 2.4GHz-only for PTP. Since I'm in a commercial space but not actually on Alberta and due to the Buffalo not being able to use external antennas, I'm sticking with the frequency that has greater distance through walls.