← Revision 13 as of 2006-02-02 18:24:58
added Russell to scribe list
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|'''Scribe:''' CalebPhillips[[BR]]||'''Scribe:''' CalebPhillips, RussellSenior[[BR]]|
Location: NodeMashTunBR Date and Time: Wednesday, February 1st at 6:30pmBR Scribe: CalebPhillips, RussellSeniorBR Roll Call: RussellSenior, TroyJaqua, CalebPhillips, JasonMcArthur (the meeting attended him, rather than the reverse)
- Drink Delicious Beer
Discuss application for [http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/grants/us/programs/tech_community/ HP Grant] (posted to mailing list by KeithLofstrom)
- Debrief on site survey for Unitarian Church
RussellSenior will demo a working repeater for MGP
- Request Tracker!
- Discuss Irving Park node. Troy says the ptp Irving Park node is on the Fargo building and that Portless has been managing it. Should still be www.personaltelco.net, though. Troy is going to try to check on it this week. Apparently been talking about replacing the omni with a sector antenna.
RussellSenior sets up a repeater as Proof-of-concept, we use it to connect its upstream to the essid:mashtun AP using WEP instead.
- Some discussion of WGT versus WRT (and eWRT versus OpenWRT on the topic of NVRAM usage)
- HP Grant?
Seems like we should apply for it as long as there are no strings attached. Majority of attendees decide that none of us know anything about grant writing, so MichaelWeinberg should do it.
- Cable Access Grant?
- HP Grant?
- Russell suggests putting flyers for MGP at Self Enhancement Inc. He observed during his visit to SEI that the table near the door had three piles of Comcast brochures.
- Unitarian Church
- Look for full details on Wiki elsewhere, later on
- Next step is running some Cat5e - Troy points out that we can't legally run Cat5e without appropriate licenses.
Russell's Proof-of-concept repeater works great. We should buy a few such setups to deploy in MGP. JasonMcArthur was at MashTun and the meeting reconvened at the bar. One concern with the repeater is the stability of the USB radio/driver in constant use. Jason reports some flakiness in one of his deployments involving the USB radio. It would be good to do some longer term testing before committing fully.
JasonMcArthur was enthusiastic about use of the NetgearWgt634u as a complete hotspot node, skipping the nucab. It still needs testing and robustifying. Troy and Jason discussed what might be causing the NoCat splash to fail. The watchdog didn't work. Troy suspects that the process froze rather than died.
NodePioneerSquare - DSL Modem is borked, will try a replacement tomorrow.
- Request Tracker - Currently researching using Trac as a request tracker.