← Revision 5 as of 2016-08-17 19:33:08
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
* NodeWet - repurpose of one of Ted's old nodes + Powerline Ethernet.
* TedBrunner is looking to gear NodeGlow for CenturyLink/gigabit.
- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeLutz -- Steve and Russell went to check on the node and get it back online after a 3 week outage (may have been unplugged accidentally), reflashed, got a vague complaint about disconnections, turned off splash page to help during diagnosis, not currently able to obviously replicate the problem.
NodeNewDeal -- had an outage Sunday afternoon until Monday morning, recovered without our intervention.
NodeKlickitat -- preparing to replace the 5-year-old batman-adv network with a refreshed version
- Netgear WGT634U firmware is worked out, need to build images, two run mesh on an ethernet port, the others do not
- Accton MR3201A firmware is worked out, but the only device in the network is currently offline, maybe replace with a WGT634U
- need to build test images for Bullet M5HP radios, two of them run mesh on the ethernet, one does not.
- nervous about reflashing the rooftop node, since I'm lacking a ladder tall enough to reach, if necessary, need to work on a fallback plan
- also considering an additional rooftop node to bypass some trees.
NodeCommunitecture is offline, probably due to the expected office move.
NodeArborLodge -- needs some outreach work, including posting on the Arbor Lodge Facebook page as requested by our host.
EncoreFellows applicant, seems to be missing the outreach experience we'd like, can review
Your Item Here
- Node notes
NodeLutz plugged back in, may have issue with uplink (flaky when moving node). Also last time we were in, staff was warning users that the node was flaky, when they weren't seeing/acknowledging the splash page.
NodeNewdeal disappeared in a ping of nodes Saturday or Sunday, but recovered without interaction.
NodeKlickitat Russell will put old image on 5GHz backup node, test, then upgrade that as a standby in case the roof antenna fails to upgrade.
NodeCommunitecture still offline (they were moving in July).
NodeArborLodge - Russell considering posting to Facebook, also open issue of billing.
NodeWet - repurpose of one of Ted's old nodes + Powerline Ethernet.
EncoreFellows applicant Mike, EE + PMP, we're looking for schmooze.
MaryBethHenry is retired, open position (national search), was a member and former president of NATCO.
Suggestion of NodeLutz for next week's meeting.
From IRC, mesh net person is looking for captive portal to use at burning man. NodogSplash was found, get away from perl, earlier WifiDog includes content and auth server (had serious core functionality issues).