← Revision 4 as of 2020-12-16 17:37:46
added another item
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|'''Roll Call:''' Them<<BR>>||'''Roll Call:''' RussellSenior,TomasKuchta,JasonBergstrom<<BR>>|
- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeMississippi -- visited last Saturday (12/12) to improve the situation, ended up with a slight regression, learned some things:
- That we need a Time-Domain Reflectometer for locating faults (see below);
- The unifi-ac-mesh needs a minimum of 24V power supply to boot, this can be provided by feeding the ER-X with a 24V supply;
- The bullet-ac boots on 12V power;
- We lost pin 3 on the ethernet run in the process of trying to replace the radio, needs fixing;
- We need a ladder such that a person can stand on the 10.5-foot rung safely to reach the radio;
- The panel antenna marked "BAD" was actually working in my testbed without the RF connector sealant installed, not sure how/why it would make a difference, haven't tried rewrapping it to see if it does any harm, it's not clear that the AP-mode interface comes up until the mesh connection succeeds, which might explain why we weren't seeing www.personaltelco.net/10a, need to check on this behavior.
NodeHayduke -- was down for a couple weeks, power cycled and it recoverered;
NodeLuckyLabNorth -- is down, since November 25 (they are still closed, afaik);
NodeEcotrust -- is down since Tuesday evening, need to contact them to see about a check (they've power cycled for me a few times in the last year or so)
NodeKailash -- need to get them their APU
PersonalTelco has purchased a Fluke Microscanner2 ethernet tester, which can locate faults. It should arrive later this week, almost certainly increasing the efficiency of our installations and repairs after many years of using guesswork, trial and error.
- There is a patch from Russell adding support to the Ubiquiti Bullet AC pending, we were contacted by a fellow in NSW Australia looking for assistance, which we attempted to render according to our ability. Would be desirable to evaluate the no-serial install method (which Russell hasn't, since we only have one and the serial method worked).
- EFA Social on Thursday evening, Russell attending:
- Acknowlege donations!
Your Item Here
- None Yet