Comments on the Orinoco AP-1000 AccessPoint
from the AccessPointReviews page.
See also: LucentNamingFiasco
- Lucent/Orinoco AP-1000 (06 June 2001)
- Approximate Cost: $699
- OS Support: Windows configuration utility
Protocol: 802.11b (WiFiCertified) supports other protocols also by changing the access card.
- Nics: 2 PCMCIA slots for 2 wireless adapters (purchase seperatly), 1 Ethernet
- Antenna Connectors: Lucent Proprietary
- Bridged Mode: Yes
Security: 40 & 128 Bit WEP, MAC Filtering
- Useful Links (Reviews, Product Description etc):
- I just set this AP up on my local network. I have one Silver card in it connected to a external antenna. It was easy to set up using the available online documentation. I'll be adding more to this review as I learn more.
AP-1000 and AirRunner XI 300
Well I have had a few days of problems with my AP-1000 and Lucent Orinoco Silver cards. the problems started when I installed the client software for a 3 volt prism2 card on my win2k laptop. My Orinoco Silver cards had trouble connecting to my AP-1000. Eventually it got to the point where the AP would not function.
I thought it was my Orinoco Silver cards, but when I booted into Linux and used another AP at a weekly meeting the Orinoco Silver cards worked. I uninstalled all of the Orinoco AP manager and Client software from my laptop and the 3v prism2 card now works with my AP.
I want to keep the prism2 card for laptop use so that I can have two Orinoco Silver cards for my AP-1000. This configuration will allow me to utilize more features on the AP-1000, like running two networks in bridge mode.
-- LonnieWormley 7/18/02