Board meeting minutes 9-16-03
Presentation from Jerrit Collord on possible shared office/lab space
Growing general membership Inviting entertaining speakers for the monthly meeting (part of 501c3)
- Unanimous interest from group
Weekly meeting location, format and importance
- Motion passed that all members of advisory and board must find at least one speaker for the monthly meetings
Improving group communication
- Weekly meetings stay at Toms restaurant, more focus on active projects
- Committees and boards need to work harder on email and in person communications.
Bandwidth donation policy
- Communications need to be improved
- Less focus on Board of Directors more on committees and focus groups
- Delegation of power to general membership in the form of committees
Education committee report
- Being reviewed by lawyers
- Seeking council of local financial experts
- Rick Lindahl - no progress at this point
- A motion was passed to require the committee have a minimum of two members before the next meeting.
- Personaltelco.com registered by Kondooit Broadband and redirected to their site.
- Contact has been made. No movement at this point.
- Kondooit should release the name back to personaltelco
- pdxwireless declared water under the bridge. personaltelco stays.
- Discussed options on how to address unexpected legal expenses
- Lucas will follow up with Davis Wright Tremain and explore alternative agreements