- Node notes:
- Communication with media regarding Comcast's request for tax break due to offering a "2Gbps" with a $1k setup fee and $300/month.
- Check in on rebranding progress
Discussion about bringing back maps by moving from StaticMap API v1 and v2.
- Refresher on how to apply PTP configuration to a freshly built openwrt - for Ted.
- PC Engines order has been submitted, but isn't finalized yet, apparently waiting for APU2 stock to arrive.
- Location for next week's meeting?
<your item here>
Mike Rogoway asked RussellSenior for a quote related to Comcast's request for tax relief surrounding a 2Gbps offering, which would amount to an $8200 trial of a new service (with 2 year commitment), which would also not deliver anywhere near 2Gbps performance. Also gave an earful on CenturyLink billing. The lock-in period is significant, and is something the incumbents have not been shy about trotting out, despite Google's threat to deploy a cheaper offering.
- Node notes:
JasonBergstrom has not had a chance to look at Nodeshot beyond switching the webserver from Apache to Nginx, which fixed logins, except for admin, and discovered issue with "layers" which are on in the default install.
Next week's meeting will be at EcoTrust (10th and Johnson) on the first floor.
On the 10th MattKlug had mentioned an install in Rainier, at approximately Lents and Fern Hill Roads.