When and Where
Urban Grind Coffee 2214 NE Oregon St. (take 22nd Ave. 2 blocks North of Sandy Blvd.)
Wednesday, January 28th, 6pm-9pm
Jim works for Netgate (netgate.com), one of the most popluar wifi gear sales sites on the internet. He has extensive experience with engineering wireless equipment and networks. He'd like you to know that he bakes a mean croissant and that he's trapped in Spokane, longing for the Parisian-lite appeal of Portland.
Glenn Fleishman claims to spend most of his waking hours thinking about technology, mostly wireless, and how it all fits together with Jim's croissants. He has written two editions of The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, a book for intermediate users and small offices. Among Glenn's press credits is the Mac column in the Seattle Times, which makes him an expert on the way radio waves traverse pastel lucite.
Topics will be offered at the monthly, or divined using a new Wireless-Pundit Presentation Topic Detector from Belkin.
Special thanks to both our speakers for allowing me to abuse their bios.
Recordings of past meetings are archived: http://ptp.thebasement.org/meetings/
Standing Committees Report
PTP President Darrin Eden will be giving away a new Linksys WRT54G to one lucky attendee. Entries can be made with a business card or a sheet of paper upon arrival at the meeting, and the drawing will be held at the end of new business. Good luck!
Announcement of New Leadership Roles
The board will introduce new leadership roles, and the members who will be filling them, as PTP looks towards our future as Portland's leader in wireless fidelity.
Personal Telco's first Capital Fundraising Campaign will be presented. This is a very exciting new development for PTP, as it will lay the foundation for an operating budget in the future.
Weekly Structure Motion
- Weeklies continue to be run in an "adhoc" fashion.
- One officer will be assigned to attend each weekly. If no officer is available, it will be announced prior to the meeting that none will be in attendance.
- The officer present will take down a list of all points that are brought up that require a board decision. These minutes will be approved by a quorum of attendees prior to the end of the meeting.
- Points needing executive decisions will be addressed by the officers and board members at biweekly meetings. These will be scheduled by the officers and board members based on their schedules, and may vary in time from meeting to meeting. There must be enough people in attendance for a quorum.
- Executive decisions will be announced at monthlies, and then archived in the minutes of those meetings. Individual decisions may be announced by other means if they are time-sensitive.
Weekly Meeting Structure Alternation Motion
Weeklies are held informally every week, the day to be announced on the general mailinglist at some point before it is to happen. Propose amendment to announce meetings on announce mailinglist as opposed to general exclusively. AaronJohnson
- Members, Board and/or Executives may or may not show up.
- At said meetings Items are raised for Discussion and possibly to be moved to Action
- Items resolved to be done at said meetings are done so under the aegis of the "Just Do It" policy. Resloution comes about if a Member or Members deem to take on the Action or Actions.
- The notes of the weeklies are posted to the list and to the wiki, as they have been done, wherein the Membership, Board and Executives can discuss, disuade, disavow, approve, accelerate, aid or ignore the Discussion and Actions.
- The Monthly Meetings will be the time to review and re-evaluate any Discussions or Actions the Members, Board or Executives so desire. This can include some, none or all of the Discusions and or Actions from the weeklies.