Here is the beginnings of a membership agreement. It is not, nor intended to be, legaleze.
Comments welcome. -- AdamShand
To be eligible to become a member of Personal Telco you must meet the below requirements:
- You must be sponsored by an existing member.
You must have contributed to the network by doing one of the below:
- (or) Be granted a membership by a majority vote of the board of advisors.
- (or) Pay a one-time fee of $500.
Rights and Responsibilities
- You understand that physical activity and risk may be required as part of building network nodes. You agree not to hold Personal Telco liable for any harm that may result from activities either directly or indirectly related to the building of the network.
- You understand that Personal Telco can accept no responsibility for the maintenance or security of your network.
- You agree not to do anything illegal with or through any Personal Telco node. Unacceptable activities include, but are not limited to, spamming, breaching your ISP's terms and conditions of use and breaching the FCC rules and regulations for the ISM band.
- You must allow Personal Telco to audit the availability and location of your node.
- You must allow us to gather and redistribute statistics on your node. However we will never release your name, address, email or any other personally identifying information to a third party.
- Membership may be terminated, without cause or notification, by either party.
You are eligible for MembershipBenefits.
- You understand that this is a living document and subject to changes. Personal Telco will make a best effort attempt to contact you via email prior to any changes in requirements or responsibilities coming into effect. However ultimate responsibility for knowing the contents of the membership agreement lies with you.
- The most current version of the document will always be available at the below URL: