- Nucab (Thanks City of Portland)
Netgear MR814 AP (802.11b) -upstairs - RobertPetersen
- Gateway: 22.214.171.124
- Hostname: frick
- Internet Network: 126.96.36.199/24
- Wireless Address: 10.11.6.1
- Wireless Network: 10.11.6.0/26
- BSSID: 00:C0:F0:30:4C:8B
- DHCP Pool: 10.11.6.10 to 10.11.6.62
Installers / Organizers
Maintenance and System Log
- 04/21/2006: Noticed frick was unreachable and stopped by to check on the wiring. They had reversed the cat5 going into the nucab. Fixed, moving AP back upstairs after diagnosis phase.
04/21/2006: Got word via AaronBaer on the ops list that it was out again. Aaron graciously sync'd up keys on the box and I discovered that /var was full. I deleted /var/log/nocat.log and restarted nocatauth. There had been 15359 successful auth's since November 7, 2004, an average of about 30 auths per day since then. --RussellSenior
04/17/2006: Responded to a downage report. Netgear AP was downstairs plugged directly into the DSL modem. I reconnected through the nucab and it all worked again. We moved the Netgear AP back upstairs over the coffee bar and it was working when I left. No sign of any other wireless gear on the premises. The AP was oversized compared to current devices, so it's probably the 11b. --RussellSenior
10/13/2004: Some reports of customer laptops picking up on neighbor's wifi signals instead of the ptp signal. This is happening a few times per week, not a huge problem. Maybe an adjustment to the channels? They have two antennas, one for downstairs one for upstairs if I remember right. Or maybe we just need a brochure explaining to neophytes how to adjust their settings? --GeneMerrill
10/15/2004: Added a complete hardware list of what I installed initially. I'll look at the 802.11b. It may be time for Bryant to fork out for a descent AP + Antenna upstairs.
- Ask about the basement smoking lounge. Oh, and the Great Coffee!