Personal Telco University DVD
This is a place to plan and document the PTPU-DVD.
PersonalTelcoUniversity was a program started under DarrenEdin's presidential term and had sessions in 2004 and 2005. The goal was to have a series of somewhat-formal classes that could be taken by anyone (for a small tuition fee) and would be taught by PersonalTelco members. Upon the completion of the class, students would be prepared to build wireless networks. Despite meager attendance, the program succeeded in it's overall goal to educate those who wanted to be educated.
The PersonalTelcoUniversityDVD is an attempt to take everything good about PersonalTelcoUniversity and distill it onto a digital medium so that classes can be seen by anyone, not just those with geographical or chronological proximity. Credit goes to Mr. TomHiggins who birthed the concept. Today, it is the primary project of CalebPhillips in his (not-yet-announced) role of DirectorOfEducation.
This is in chronological order, a sort of timeline.
- Make a list of possible classes
Check for usable material on MIT's OpenCourseware et al.
- Get people to agree to teach them (PTP members and local 'talent')
- Determine logistics
- What equipment
- What topics
- Compile a good camera and some equipment
- Shoot a bunch of video
- Edit the video
- Get an initial copy of the material out for review, collect feedback
- More editing in response to feedback
- Put on a DVD, pass it out, get more feedback
- Make a final copy
- Make lots-o-copies and give one to anyone who wants one
An evolving list of classes which may be featured on the DVD.