Location: NodeOldTownPizza BR Date and Time: January 3, 2007 6:30pm-8:00pmBR Scribe: RussellSeniorBR Roll Call: CalebPhillips, RussellSenior, MichaelWeinberg, BenjaminJencks, TylerBooth, TomFitzgerald BR
- Delicious PTP-purchased foodage/drinkage
MissNet monitoring status
- plan for transition to Stephouse wireless upstream
MissNet northern expansion
- visit cascade specialty woodworking roof to connectibility check prior to gear purchase
- means to propagate signal past skidmore ridge
- retry Head Start folks
- Terrafirma possibilities
- John Palmer House possibilities
- signal splitter trial
- candidates for PTP-funds-sponsored repeater
- possible next-gen node architecture
- ssh keys on openwrt/wifidog'd devices?
- nocatsplash vs wifidog?
- subversion repository resurrection status
NodeFirstUnitarian port redirection issues
decommissioning TomHiggins node
- Eat delicious pizza and drink delicious beer.
- Ben pokes at the old monitoring stuff, and new wgt snmp package doesn't do exec which we need for associations. Russell will look for the right snmpd package for the kamikaze installs on the repeates. Ben will polish it up after that.
- Need to find out why the Grand Central Baking roof gear got unplugged today
- Tyler suggests we add the wireless link to pittock in the load balancing and then phase out the dsl. That sounds like an excellent plan to me.
We ought to beef up the link across the street to FreshPot and reenable load balancing.
Discussion of ways to expand MissNet
- Caleb brings up board meeting goals
- Tyler recommends looking at a client device called Ruckus (metro flex?), 200mW about $100.
- Tyler recommends looking into radius authentication instead of silly ssh key distribution.
- Keegan is not here to explain the status of Jimmy's herod box.
- Discussion of adhocracy