- Pick location for next weekly
Talk to DavidSchor about public infrastructure
- Mary Beth Henry retirement party on Thursday.
- Luka Mustafa (Musti), inventor of KORUSA (koruza.net) visiting Portland in early October (7-13th), Russell met him at a couple of the International Summits for Community Wireless Networking, we were on a panel together.
- Made contact with CUB, hoping to meet soon.
- Node notes:
NodeSechzig -- plugged in 9/13, will be getting an outlet in a shed installed, will add a couple Loco's and a Bullet M2HP to a chimney, Russell has photos of layout.
NodeLutz -- Russell has made contact with someone reporting problems, updated client-status.sh script to correct some bitrot, more investigation needed.
Your Item Here
- Discussion about citizen initiative for municipal broadband.
- Can we get someone from Sandy to discuss their network?
- Inject discussion into Novick/Eudaly race?
- Can we now have Mary Beth Henry or David Olson as proxy?
- We need a scope (engineering or proposal)?
- Funding mechanism? City issued bonds is an option not available to companies.
CUB contact? RussellSenior reached out via the web form.
- Digital Inclusion Network - key contacts as well that would be interested, such as Rosewood Initiative.
- Bottom line is we'd like to get the info on Muni options out in front of more people.
Ask DavidSchor if he would be interested in joining the board?
- Luka Mustafa - Oct. 7-13 - needs a couch, koruza.net - optics based transmission gigabit transmission over 150m.
JasonBergstrom offered couch.
RussellSenior will be at the Mary Beth Henry retirement party.
- Apparently there is a daily meeting of movers and shakers at Katie O'Brien's.
Next week's meeting should be at LuckyLabNorth