- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeKellogg -- outage due to popped GFI outlet, reset, back in business.
NodeCedarHillsCrossing -- another DSL outage, after a couple weeks, have requested mall staff request replacement router, or at least frontally assault ISP technical support looking for satifaction.
NodeWygant -- want to install an MR24, have the go ahead from the landlord, need to replace the Alix with a Buffalo WZR600DHP again (as it was originally) and prep an MR24 and figure out if we can run a cable into the apartment. Tenants are complaining and anxious for action.
- LEDE Project -- Russell managed to get iproute2 updated to v4.10.0 (he's the volunteer maintainer of the package)
Russell will report on interesting visit to SandyNet board meeting and followup discussion.
- Russell installed another DIR860L at home of a PLUG friend, measured only 500Mbps upstream, pretty consistently, either 500 or 750Mbps downstream
Your Item Here
SpencerByrneSeres discussed Internet access in Cuba, and possibility of data exchange with US. webrtc?
- $7M+ capital, $250/connection
- 20 months cost recovery (hw + install)
- 2000 customers, 60% of market, many walked
- $115K/mo revenue, most on 100Mb, dozen+ on Gb
- 7 people covering install/support/helpdesk
- Board mostly public employees, Clackamas co. school dist. etc
- Using one strand of Clackamas public loop (to Gov. Camp) 288 strand total as 10Gb connection to Pittock.
- 5wk backlog on installs, due to lack of on-hand cash
- Urban renewal district in Business district, plus multi-unit deployments
- Ordinance requires conduit for new development
Some corp customers (ie Starbucks) have requirement to use AT&T