- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeC3PO -- gateway device on neighboring business's roof is rebooting every few minutes, can't reach it remotely
NodeSherrett -- ER-X was having some squashfs problems, reflashed
NodeMississippi -- the Bullet AC was going up and down, powered off for a half a minute, restarted, seems better.
NodeLionsEye -- still needs a visit?
Upgraded *LOL* knod, leading to 30+ hours (and counting) of disaster recovery, back on buster, with about 90% recovery. MoinMoin doesn't like bullseye, and knod can be considered fragile, probably needs a complete rebuild and maybe modern maintainable services.
Russell got a Watchguard Firebox M300 on ebay. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ey3G85m9uwPjaB6CA
- Business Oregon Broadband Program Technical Working Group meeting report.
- Russell is headed to Europe in May, bought tickets.
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
NodeC3PO - host side PowerBeam continuous rebooting, timestamp resets
- not able to stay up long enough to establish a connection, mailed Joren
- may be failing power supply, not sure what is powering it
NodeSherrett - syslog messages on flash, Russell able to log in and re-flash
NodeMississippi - ER-X had Bullet AC going up/down intentional power cycle fixed
NodeLionsEye - still need to check on it
- Knod upgrade - in consideration of "dirty pipe" exploit of kern 5.8+
MoinMoin - possible issue with redirect or WSGI config / vs /wiki
- Also need to work on Datamanager (and long term plan)
- Russell observer in Oregon Broadband Technical Working Group today
Peak, CUB, LsNetworks, Oregon Department of Education, Cable/Telco lobbies
- Representative from Umatilla tribe - 10/1Mb underserved, below unserved, 25/3 served (also GSM3)
SaraAli also on the call, Russell had 1/2h meeting with later
- Discussion about process
- Incumbents trying to scuttle rulemaking
- Public interest dominates, state is receptive
- Anybody can send them feedback
- OpenWRT - Russell tested Microtik 9-port router board, not well supported
- Realtek switches had underpowered cpu
Watchguard Firebox M300 a newer device available for <$100 on Ebay
- PowerPC 64-bit, memory and SD card, support coming
- Ubiquiti Edgerouter 10X, but is unavailable for purchase right now