Date and Time: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Roll Call: MatthewKlug, ChadRamberg, RussellSenior, KeeganQuinn, MarinoDuregon, TedBrunner, JasonBergstrom, SteveTree
Elect a member of the BoardOfDirectors:
Meeting began with a discussion to ChadRamberg about opportunities for funding through Thrivent, either through a grant or through directed contributions from in-surance customers.
Russell reported on offer from fellow for two SkyGateways, one immediately, another in a month.
- Russell reported on a contact from fellow from East Portland, looking for ways of spending parts of a $50k grant from the City
Russell reported on efforts to fix problems in current OpenWrt, namely remote syslogging and serial consoles, and how this is throwing a monkey wrench into plans to move a router at the Mississippi Ballroom building.
Russell reports on conversations from OSCON, including some ideas from BartMassey from PSU. Namely:
- Suggestions that PSU could house one of our servers;
- Suggestions that access to roofs might be possible as a relay point;
- Suggestions to expand our board of directors with more diverse people, with more diverse connections (this has been discussed before at previous board meetings), possibilities discussed tonight:
- Russell reported that he's planning to go to Berlin for IS4CWN 2013, in early October, wants to get moving on Arbor Lodge organizing:
- Contact two respondants
- Schedule a meeting time
- Flyer the neighborhood, whatever other publicity we can swing, including notice on the splash page