Date and Time: Wednesday, August 27th, 2008, 6:30-8:00pm
Roll Call: SteveTree, SamChurchill, BenJencks, RussellSenior, JoeChristiensen, RickLindahl, KeithLofstrom
- Call for board agenda items
- Annual Board Meeting
- Selection of Officers
- Other board business
- Closing of board meeting
- Recap of Ben and Mike's meeting with Motorola
- Volunteer cards
- New node updates
- Choose location for next weekly
- Call for board agenda items:
- Not an agenda item, but Rick reports issues with the homepage using IE7
- Also not a board item, but Russell wants to plan for more volunteerism
- Board item - vote whether we should add 2 additional board seats to be chosen by the October Monthly
- Annual Board Meeting
- Russell motions to appoint all meeting attendees who have been to more than one meeting to the board of advisors if they elect to be. Michael seconds. Passed.
- Russell motions to allow non-advisors to talk at the board meeting. Seconded. Passed.
- Board votes to maintain current officer positions.
- Russell needs to reimburse himself $500 for travel to CWN Summit in May '08, as previously approved by the board.
- After debate, board votes to add 2 director positions with election at October meeting.
- Board Meeting is closed.
- Motorola is lobbying the public safety departments of Clark, Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties to upgrade/replace the existing communications systems as a group along with some form of public access wireless Internet service. Ben and Mike met with them over dinner to discuss their ideas and provide some feedback.
- This led to a larger discussion of public wireless and other public broadband.
- Michael shows off the PTP volunteer business cards that any volunteer can use.
- Node updates
NodePeteForsyth was plugged in
- Another node was plugged in at SE Holgate and 65th, but only port 80 was open at last reporting.
NodeIntegrity has been expanded and Wifidog was turned off due to undiagnosed (as yet) problems. Help with diagnosis would probably lead to resolution.
There was a NodeLightHouse outage report from a user.
- Bridgeport Alehouse on SE Hawthorne is interested in becoming a node. Russell is meeting with them tomorrow.
A NodeArborLodge user has moved and is now interested in starting a node.
- Ethos may be a node, but we're not sure if the ESSID is www.personaltelco.net. They had been interested in being a PTP affiliated node.
- Tree issues still exist at the Bakery node on Mississippi.
- Next Weekly will be at Amnesia Brewing.
JaxBar needs to update their whiskey list.