- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Official Member Introduction (so member wanna-bes can get a sponsor)
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ....
- Don Westlight of NWAX
- ==== Basics ====
- PTP dreams. Digital divide. Freedom of speach. It's all really cool folks.
Propaganda Update. Tee shirts, stickers and more! (LonnieWormley)
- NW Wireless Conference - Oct 2nd Convention Center
- "Overthrowing Qwest one block at a time". It may have been a joke, but now it's time to grow up. We need to reach into the community and learn how to work with it.
"The obsolescence of the PSTN will be caused not by cheap traditional voice run over the Internet, but by services the PSTN cannot ever deliver."
- Cool news from other wireless groups
- Seattle Wireless -
- NYC Wireless -
- BAWUG -
- New Standing Committee: Education Committee, Chaired by Rick Lindahl
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
- Rocky Butte improvements
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Soekris boxes, what and why. New Soekris Model 4801 $262 for board only. 266mhz 586-class Geode CPU. 128MB ram. 3 10/100 enet. CF. USB. temperature monitor.
ThePlan progresses: from hotspots, to "the mesh network ...
- Terms of service: Comcast and wireless sharing?
- NodeDB replacement: feature list
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Anonymity on nodes w/ Cebolla (ZachBrown)
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...
- Keeping Free Sources of Internet Connectivity Happy through Bandwidth Management