Details of the first workshop: NewbieWorkshop01
Details of the second workshop: NewbieWorkshop02
Details of the third workshop: NewbieWorkshop03
- Where: The WSMF Compound (aka the Higgins House) 2924 se alder st Portland OR
- Who: If you're new to the PTP, need help in getting your computer set up, connected to the wireless net, using software to do the above or just have questions and need some guidence. I'd like to keep it to 10 folks, anymore than that and the place is going to get crowded, the outlets will fill up and the wife will get cranky. RSVP if you want to "reserve" a spot. If not, stop by and if we have room you are more than welcome.
- Tech: Computers, power cords, POWER STRIPS (we need those!) and your wifi gear. If you can't or don't want to bring your rig you can watch as others learn the ropes.
- Food: I will set up a potluck table that folks can get to all day, so bring something you like to eat and drink. The only thing I ask is no liquor and if you drink beer do so responsibly. I did some bouncing work in my youth and will remove anyone who puts my house or family at risk. Not that I expect anyone will. My wife says she will make a crock pot full of something and I will try to pull togther something meatless. If everyone brings something we will be golden.
- Setup: I have a family room in the basement that can hold about 10 people and some gear. I have a big (54incher) TV I can hook my laptop to so we can give some demos. If your computer has a TV out and you want to give a demo or show folks something we can do that too.
- 12noon-1pm - set up, meet and greet
- 1pm-1:30pm - PTP 101
- 1:30pm- - Questions, Answers, Ad Hoc Demos, Projects, DIY Mayhem, what ever folks need to know. We can spill up to the living room/dinning room if we need more space for work on gear.
- 5pm (est) - Final clean up and farewells.
(rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend or just stop by:)- )