- Node notes:
NodeStreetRoots -- TedBrunner and RussellSenior visited on Tuesday (April 26) and ran a new ethernet cable, repairing the outage to ap1 in the front of the office. They elected to not replace the ER-X with an Alix, partly to increase the chances of seeing the NAND/UBI/Squashfs bug again. This was predicated on checking for errors on approximately a weekly basis at the six remaining sites with ER-X deployments.
NodeKailash -- Continued watching the node for problems, but have not gotten down there to replace the CL gateway.
- Checked the P.O. Box for Ted's debit card, box empty. Should perhaps inquire about the delay.
- Report on Oregon Broadband Office meeting
- Report on DIN meeting
- Node notes:
NodeStreetRoots - reran AP1 ethernet (36'), kept in same location, but it is in a hallway with traffic. PoE injector was good.
- Left ERX in place, curious to see if NAND issue shows up over time.
- Did not have a PTP sticker for AP1, but needs one at a future visit.
NodeKailash - Haven't seen any recent issues, still want to replace CL gateway.
Coverage while Russell is out, will prep a replacement ERX for NodeBuffaloGap
- Reflash all ERXs with image including nand_dump, haven't seen issue on MR24s which have NAND flash as well
- Will set up cron job to test filesystem on ERX, and monitor syslog?
- Community listening session from Oregon Broadband Office. Russell listened in, included government and interested parties.
- Theme was the needs of the metro area
- Russell was in one breakout room, with rep from Oregon Telecommunication Organization (had issues in Medford, now on Starlink), 3 people from Skyline community (Skyline/Cornelius Pass, not well served).
- 2 people from Office of Community Technology - talked about equity
- Russell suggested public money should be spent on infrastructure that the public owns
- Fibre can be damaged during wildfires
- DIN meeting - many of the same people, much of the same discussion
- Russell was in a breakout room with Verizon rep suggesting that state could encourage all services to lower prices