Node name: Buffalo Gap
Live Date: August 11, 2005
Sponsor: The Buffalo Gap Saloon
Contact: Troy Itami, Assistant General Manager (503) 244-7111
The Buffalo Gap Saloon
6835 SW Macadam Ave.
Portland, OR 97219
- dave: Ubiquiti ERX (office)
- ap1: Meraki MR24 (office)
- ap2: Meraki MR24 (game room)
- ap3: Meraki MR24 (middle room)
- ap4: Meraki MR24 (front room)
- ap5: Meraki MR24 (upstairs)
- ap6: Meraki MR24 (nook near the bar)
- sw1: Netgear GS108Ev3 (game room)
- sw2: Netgear GS108Ev3 (middle room)
- sw3: Netgear GS108Ev3 (upstairs)
Installers / Organizers
Installed by DarrinEden.
Captive portal configured by KeeganQuinn.
Maintained by the NetworkOperationsTeam.
Maintenance and System Log
- 2023-09-13: At weekly meeting with Jason, Steve and Matt, reconfigured sw2 to trunk another port and then plugged in ap6. --Russell
2023-09-11: Remotely updated MR24 devices to OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r23902-948ad2ec7a, while preparing ap6 to install this wednesday. --Russell
- 2019-10-30: There was an outage on the network, it looks like it might be something as simple as a DNS problem. Our gateway is now 192.168.165.1. It also broke native ipv6, so that's turned off. --Russell
- 2019-10-16: Comcast visits and installs a cradlepoint device between us and the cable modem.
2019-10-05: RussellSenior, JasonBergstrom, TedBrunner installed revamped hardware, from a mix of WDR3600's and MR24's (changes not logged here) to all MR24's with managed switches and a separated VLAN'd private network. Some lingering trouble with DHCP leases to switches, otherwise things seem to be working.
2013-01-25: Updated firmware to r35318 with linux kernel version 3.7.4 and IPv6. --RussellSenior
2009-06-11: Called Integra to come solve the packet loss problem. They have dispatched a truck to check the line and replace the CPE if necessary. --RussellSenior
2008-11-06: TroyItami ran new cat6 cable and brought in an access point from home, I configured it (turned off dhcp server and set an IP) and plugged it in upstairs. Also plugged in a $10 freegeek special 8-port switch. Seems to be working. --RussellSenior
2007-11-02: RussellSenior, PaulCLeddy, LarryTruman went to check it out. DSL, somewhat flakey, had been reconfigured for bridging, which made the nucab's eth0 ip wrong. Fix, waited for DSL to train, and it started working. Oh yeah, and the Buffalo Gap's POS system (next to the nucab) died about the same time as we were borrowing its monitor for diagnosis, which was awkward. It looked like its internal power supply failed. I don't think it was anything I did. --RussellSenior
2006-04-12: DonPark and SethShikora go on-site. The netgear on the dining room TV shows no link-light. The nucab in the back office on the "WLAN" ethernet card shows no link light. The cable goes through a doorway that gets pinched when the door is closed. We brought the AP back into the back office on a new, short cable. it works fine. recommended that buffalo gap replace the ethernet cable and drill a conduit for it.
2005-12-10: Responded to service request. Seems that they moved some stuff around and it broke everything. At some point TomFitzgerald came in and got the system running in a degraded state. I finished up the job by getting the NuCab back to working - the problem with the NuCab was a misconfigured eth0 - CalebPhillips
2005-10-02: Security updates installed. (- KeeganQuinn)
2005-08-11: Original Wiki page created. This probably means that the node went up around then. - CalebPhillips
- 3 pool tables, big screen TV, Galaga. Seems like a great hang-out.
- (Really) nice staff